The bigger sister of De Rerum Natura's Ulysse, De Rerum Natura's Gilliatt is a wonderful round, soft and satisfying fluffy yarn that shows off cables just as well as stockinette stitch. It's a delight to knit with - a perfect yarn for beginners as well as super advanced knitters - and comes in a range of gorgeous colors.
• Mérinos d'Arles (from Provence, France) & Merinos Petra (from the Alentejo Valley, Portugal), 100% wool
• Worsted weight: 250 meters per 100 grams / 270 yards per 3.53 ounces
• Recommended needle size: 4 - 5mm / US 6 - 8
• Woollen spun, 3 ply
• Created to reinvent local yarn and shape a future for more sheep in the mountains and more small and flourishing yarn mills
• The entire production process is set up with a strong dedication to sustainability: From sourcing the fleeces to using a completely biodegradable and environmentally friendly conditioner in the mill
• Fiber origin: France & Portugal, yarn origin: France
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
I have not yet used this yarn, but I can make a few small comments here. It's very affordable and even though I ordered it prior to the price increase, I would order it again at its slightly higher price. I think it's gorgeous, I love the shade of grey that I ordered and I can see that this yarn and I will be spending many delightful knitting hours together. And frankly, I love that it's wound into a ball, I can just pick it up and get started.
Amazing colour palette
Using this yarn for a blanket. It's perfect for it as it's still quite affordable and comes in an amazing colour palette. I needed 4 matching blue tones. Found them... ;)
Want to learn more about De Rerum Natura Gilliatt?
Marianne Munier's Sakae Cardigan is cables at their very best: The stunning interlocking cable motif looks complicated, but is intuitive and fun to knit. With its open front, shawl collar and close-fitting sleeves, Sakae is bound to become a wardrobe staple!
The pattern is from our Making Stories Magazine Issue 7.
The Citrine Pullover is one of the most popular patterns from our publications to date! Its cropped length and boxy fit make it so, so easy to wear - and the geometric twisted stitches provide wonderful visual interest.
The pattern is by Emily Greene and you can find it in JEWELS.
More Pattern Recommendations for De Rerum Natura Gilliatt:
Neruda, a pattern by Natasja Hornby, might just be everything we love in a shawl: textured, geometric stitch patterns, a generous, enveloping shape, and yarn that makes it fly off the needles. Plus, it's entirely worked without a cable needle - need we say more?
Joey of Winter's Weather Knits designed the ultimate comfort cardigan with this piece. Generously oversized, with a shawl collar to snuggle up in, and beautiful texture details, it's not only fun to knit, but extremely wonderful to wear.