In Issue 7, we’re focusing on joy – finding joy in the small and big things in life, in a new discovery or a renewed love, in knowing that even the smallest changes can have a huge impact on sustainability and the planet.
The 12 stunning patterns our designers created all represent something that makes the designer truly happy. They’re love letters to a favorite technique, stitch pattern, garment or accessory type, shape, or color – same as the essays we’re so happy to share are love letters to finding joy in stitches and reclaiming what others deem is waste.
Bérangère Cailliau, Clara Gleiß, Isabel Ale, Jill Thompson Beach, Marianne Munier, Marina Skua, Marina Storm, Marion Bulin, Marthe Forodden, Tania Dejoie, Tiffany Chen, Victoria Gerasimova
De Rerum Natura, Ewethful Fiber Farm, Frida Fuchs, Garthenor Organic, Isager, Jamieson & Smith, Kelbourne Woolens, Krea Deluxe, Maison Septembre, Marina Skua, Neighborhood Fiber Co., Soc Una Troca
Deborah Stack, Kalea Turner-Beckman
• Ads: Not a single one - we're completely ad-free!
• Length: 136 full-color pages
• Content: 12 patterns, 2 essays
• Format: Every print copy comes with two download codes printed inside: One for a digital copy, and one for adding the magazine to your Ravelry library. Our Easy Read Only version includes 3 patterns from Issue 7 that have been converted into a large-print and screenreader-compatible format: The Merrymaker sweater, the Cigar cardigan, and the Sea Forest socks.
• Dimensions: 20 x 26 x 1 cm / 7.9 x 10.3 x 0.4”
• Weight: Approx. 400g
• Made out of 100% recycled paper that carries the "Blauer Engel" (Blue Angel) certificate, the highest environmental certificate available for print products
• Printed with Umweltdruck Berlin, a printer that is local to us, focuses on sustainable products, and is also "Blauer Engel" (Blue Angel) certified
• Packaged without a scrap of plastic - we use 100% recycled paper materials instead
• Shipped with DHL or USPS Green delivery services, offsetting all carbon emissions occurring through shipping
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
Love your homepage!!! Especially I really appreciate your professional, very well reasoned articles about yarn substitutions, choosing colours online …. and so on. Thank you!!!
Maureen M Lewicki
Even more beautiful
I had seen a preview of this issue online and had downloaded the digital but Oh, when the print copy arrived I was so impressed. Lovely, well written patterns and stories.
I absolutely love this sweater. The colours are perfect (it gets so many compliments!) the yarn is perfect - lightweight but warm, and I thoroughly enjoyed making it. Thank you!
What a lovely issue
As always the layout and feel of the magazine are second to none. It’s curation of pattern variety (again) not only spans styles but also levels of complexity.
And can we please give a shout out to the effort of bringing not only an add free magazine into the world but also with 'easy read‘ trying to make the patterns as accessible as possible?! Chapeau to Hanna-Lisa, Claire and the entire team, keep on doing what you’re doing!!!
Great choice of beautiful designs
This is the first volume I have bought. It definitely won’t be the last. Lovely patterns with a good range of sizes and degrees of difficulty.