Please note: These copies of Issue 8 are seconds. They might have bumped corners, or little tears on the outside. They’re still almost good as new, just with little blemishes.
In this Fall & Winter issue, we’re inviting you to come sit and knit with us while getting lost watching the flames of our campfire dance. 13 modern, wearable knitwear designs will keep us cozy and warm, not only around the fire, but also in our everyday adventures.
Texture, cables, colorwork or soothing stockinette – no matter which one speaks to you at the moment, you’ll find something you love in these pages. Speaking of love: The love for this planet and carefully caring for it while we’re out in nature is the thread that weaves through this issue’s essays and illustration.
Agata Mackiewicz, Audrey Borrego, Barbara Gottwik, Eimear Earley, Elena Solier Jansà, Elizabeth Nihoniho, Fabienne Gassmann, Hanna Maciejewska, Mara Licole Taylor, Marie Régnier, Natalie Sheldon, Susan Schädler, Thien-Kieu Lam
Bouclelaine, De Rerum Natura, Garthenor Organic, Ginger Twist Studio, Lanivendole, Life in the Long Grass, Maison Corlène, Mominoki Yarn, Ritual Dyes, Stolen Stitches, The Grey Sheep Co., Wild Earth Yarns, Xolla Wool
Marie Shultz, Marina Skua, Sophie Thomas, Vera Hoenen
• Ads: Not a single one - we're completely ad-free!
• Length: 136 full-color pages
• Content: 13 patterns, 2 essays, 1 poem, 1 illustration
• Format: Every print copy comes with two download codes printed inside: One for a digital copy, and one for adding the magazine to your Ravelry library.
• Dimensions: 20 x 26 x 1 cm / 7.9 x 10.3 x 0.4”
• Weight: Approx. 400g
• Made out of 100% recycled paper that carries the "Blauer Engel" (Blue Angel) certificate, the highest environmental certificate available for print products
• Printed with Umweltdruck Berlin, a printer that is local to us, focuses on sustainable products, and is also "Blauer Engel" (Blue Angel) certified
• Packaged without a scrap of plastic - we use 100% recycled paper materials instead
• Shipped with DHL or USPS Green delivery services, offsetting all carbon emissions occurring through shipping
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
The patterns from this issue are amazing! I have plans to make at least 4 of them. The photos are gorgeous.
Take a look inside Seconds: Making Stories Magazine Issue 8:
Seconds: Making Stories Magazine Issue 8 Projects:
Lisa - Orlina
Lisa knit her Orlina in Ginger Twist Studio's Masham Mayhem DK in Au Naturel. Here's what she said about the project: "Love the fit and the look of the finished sweater. Very classic, but with an interesting construction. The yarn is absolutely amazing, super soft and the most beautiful natural shade."
Caroline - Walden
Caroline used Mominoki Yarn Finnwool in Natural Grey for her Walden socks in size 2. Here's Caroline about her project: "These are time consuming but well worth it! The pattern is beautifully written. The Mominoki Yarn is rustic but lovely to knit with. After blocking, the yarn bloomed and softened. These socks are quite lovely."
Sophie - Amadou
Sophie knit Amadou in Maison Corlène's Corriedale DK, colorway Blodwyn. She shortened the body into a cropped shape - genius! Here's what she said about her project: "Loved this knit! Cables were lots of fun and easy to memorise once you’re in the flow and I really enjoyed the double knit technique in the pockets & collar."
Want to see the designs of Seconds: Making Stories Magazine Issue 8 in action?