Update: WHOA! We sold out of our first batch of Manchelopis in under 12 hours. We've added preorders for all colors now. We're estimating that we can ship all preorders out in the week of February 6.
The unspun yarn of our dreams! 100% Manchego wool from two flocks in Spain, lovingly processed - also in Spain! - into delicate strands of incredibly soft unspun yarn. As warm as a hug, as light as a cloud!
Hold it double for a DK weight or single for a Fingering weight. Also wonderful to hold with Mohair or Suri!
• 100% Manchega wool from Spain
• Held double: DK weight, 230 meters per 100 grams / 251 yards per 3.5 ounces
• Held single: Fingering weight, 460 meters per 100 grams / 502 yards per 3.5 ounces
• Comes in plates and wound double-stranded. If you want to knit with a single strand, simply alternate them every or every other row - like striping!
• Recommended needle size: Held double 5 - 6.5mm / US 8 - 10.5; held single 3 - 4.5mm / US 2.5 - 7
• Unspun, single ply
• Entirely sourced, spun and dyed in Castilla-La Mancha in Spain
• The white Manchega wool is sourced from Raúl's "Las Banderas" flock in La Serranía de Cuenca. Raúl practices transhumance with his sheep, meaning he moves his flock from one grazing ground to another in seasonal cycles.
• The black Manchega wool is sourced from José's "Jesús Giménez Diezma" flock in Los Montes de Toledo where they graze freely.
• Spun at the Wooldreamers mill - a 4th generation family-run mill - in Castilla-La Mancha in Spain
• Developed to minimize the ecological footprint - the flocks and mill are located in the same town - and use wool that otherwise would go to waste
• Fiber & yarn origin: Spain
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
Aimee Sher's Building Blocks Drop is hands-down the best drop-shoulder sleeve sweater I've ever seen.
Like all of Aimee's patterns, this one comes with a ton of options: Full sleeves or sleeve-less (resulting in the perfect T-shirt shape), pockets, split hem, bust darts, just to name a few. Guaranteed to fit every body size and shape!
More Pattern Recommendations for Wooldreamers Manchelopis [Preorder]:
When I was looking for smaller projects for those of you who'd like to dip their toes into the unspun yarn waters, I couldn't stop looking at Tania Barley's Moorland Mittens!
They come in a fingerless and a full mittens version, and I'm imagining them to be super warm and cozy. The lovely branch-like detail on reverse stockinette is both adding warmth and whimsy, something I adore!
I LOVE the shape of Kiyomi Burgin's Wetherell Sweater, especially that fantastic funnel neck! The loose fit is what I'm craving right now - lots of flowy fabric, great for wearing over leggings or high-waisted jeans. And that two-color yoke is too good to be true.
The details are also absolutely fabulous: The contrasting bind off at the sleeves, and the fact that the increases in the yoke are so cleverly hidden in the pattern. Perfect for trying out one of the new punchy shades of Manchelopis!