Krea Deluxe's Organic Wool 1 is a staple yarn - high twist, organic, and super soft! It's the wool for people who usually say "ohh, wool is too scratchy" without resorting to superwash. Ideal for babies, kids, everyone, really!
Organic Wool 1 is entirely made in Europe from GOTS-certified merino with a focus on ecology, animal welfare and sustainability in all production steps. It's non-superwash and free of any harmful substances or chemicals.
It's color coordinated with Krea Deluxe's Silk Mohair, so if you're looking for a fuzzy yarn to hold it with, they're a wonderful match!
• 100% organic Merino, GOTS certified
• Sport weight: 150 meters per 50 grams / 164 yards per 1.76 ounces
• Recommended needle size: 3 - 3.5mm / US 3 - 4
• Worsted spun, 2 ply
• Created by sisters Heidi and Pia Johannesen out of the desire for and vision of founding a company that exclusively produces quality yarn and design according to organic and sustainable values.
• The entire production process takes place in Portugal and is focused on minimizing its ecological impact, maximizing animal welfare and implementing sustainability in every step. All merino fibres used in this yarn are GOTS certified.
• Fibre origin: South America, yarn origin: Portugal
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
A super wearable and extremely cozy cardigan, Cigar is destined to become a wardrobe staple! Marthe Forodden designed it for Krea Deluxe's Organic Wool 1 held with their Deluxe Silk Mohair, and it's soft and perfect and wonderful.
You can find the pattern in our Making Stories Magazine Issue 7.
Lisa test knit the Cigar Cardigan for us, and made a stunning caramel version out of the original yarns! Here's what she said about the yarn: "I have to say the yarn is a dream to work with and wears super well! Has a nice drape and is extremely soft and luxurious. I will definitely use it again in another project."
Want to learn more about Krea Deluxe Organic Wool 1?
More Pattern Recommendations for Krea Deluxe Organic Wool 1:
Baby Bear Bonnet
Pernille Larsen's Baby Bear Bonnet is the perfect gift for any little one - super cute, and extremely snuggly! Knit it held together with a strand of Krea Deluxe's Deluxe Silk Mohair for maximum fluffiness.
The Cécile Top is one of those effortless sleeveless tops that you just pull out of your closet time and again when you get dressed in the summer. Designed by Susanne Müller, it's graphic lines are super modern, yet extremely wearable. Knit it in any neutral or a pop of pastel color!
Wool & Pine's Summer Sorrel T-Shirt is texture and simplicity at its best. A lovely textural yoke is offset by a reverse stockinette body, and the intentional design choices (strategically placed short rows and increases, a loose boat neck to keep it light) make this T-Shirt a sure go-to.