Weld and its big sibling Forge are our first 100% US-made yarns - and we're the first European stockists of Hudson + West, the fabulous company who makes them! A heathered blend of 70% Merino and 30% Corriedale, Weld is spun up to a lovely fingering weight. It's a well-balanced three-ply yarn, with a slightly more energetic twist for strength and durability.It has a beautiful balance of stitch definition, bounce, and wooly, cohesive bloom after blocking that makes it perfect for lace, texture, colorwork and stockinette. One of our new favorites!
Explore our range of Hudson + West Co patterns here.
• 70% Merino (from Colorado and New Mexico, US) & 30% Corriedale (from New York US)
• Fingering weight: 183 meters per 50 grams / 200 yards per 1.76 ounces
• Recommended needle size: 3.25 - 4mm / US 3 - 6
• Semi-worsted spun, 3 ply
• Entirely sourced, spun and dyed in the US
• Merino is sourced in white and grey from larger ranches in Colorado and New Mexico, and Corriedale in a variety of natural colors from smaller farmers throughout upstate New York, many of them in the Hudson Valley.
• Spun at Mountain Meadow Wool in Buffalo, Wyoming
• Dyed at Ultimate Textile in Rutherfordton, North Carolina
• Developed with sustainability and traceability at its heart while still maintaining a very strong designer-led ethos - the yarn is not only extremely sustainably produced, it's also just really, really good yarn.
• Fiber & yarn origin: US
We're always excited to talk yarn and knitting and answer any questions you might have!
A grand wrap for fall (and every season to come) — Lochlann by our pal Cheryl Toy is one big, squishy, cozy shawl covered in leaf lace, slip stitch stripes, garter stitch, ribbing, and bound off with a contrasting I-cord for a spectacular finish. This large triangular shawl is worked from the top-center down, growing with increases along the center spine and edges. An irresistible knit, this design has serious “one more row” syndrome.
Naimh (pr. NEEV) by longtime Friend of the Hudson + West Flock Emily Greene, is another signature cardigan design that has all the best “Emily stuff” you’ve come to know and love. Naimh features clever increases and decreases, deep pockets, and 1x1 to 2x2 rib transitions, and tubular cast ons and bind offs for a beautiful and polished finished object.
More Pattern Recommendations for Hudson and West Co Weld:
We love snuggly, soothing garter stitch in a shawl. Craghill by Cheryl Toy is a squishy, lightweight shawl for year round wear. The shawl is constructed from the top down from the center back and features eyelets, garter stripes, and tile-like motif on the main body.
The oversized, top down pullover we’ve all been waiting for, Glenwood by Cheryl Toy is made in our lightweight Weld for an all-season comfort sweater. This cabled and textured pullover is made seamlessly and finishes with a polished tubular bind off.
On-trend but timeless, Laurel by Jen Peck looks intricate, but uses simple-to-execute mosaic knitting to achieve the striking border design. This laid back shawl uses our favorite neutral, fawn, and our two blues, lake and midnight.